Summit Skiboards – Warranty Information: All Summit Skiboards are covered by a 2 year warranty. Summit Skiboards are guaranteed against all manufacturing or material defects for the Warranty Period. The Warranty Period starts at the date of retail purchase of the Product by the original end-user purchaser. Please note the product may consist of several different parts and different parts may be covered by different warranties periods.
In case of defect, Summit Skiboards agrees to replace or repair the product at no charge for the end-user and return it as soon as possible. This shall be determined in the sole discretion of Summit Skiboards or its authorized retailer. The remedy will be deemed to be disproportionate by Summit Skiboards if it imposes costs on Summit Skiboards which, in comparison with the alternative remedy, are unreasonable, taking into account :
• The value the goods would have if there were no defect,
• The significance of the defect,
• Whether the alternative remedy could be completed without significant inconvenience to the consumer.
Summit Skiboards agrees that all repair or replacement of the product will occur within a reasonable period and without any major inconvenience for the consumer, taking account of the good’s kind and its fitness for purpose. We also cover cost of return shipping, except for customers in Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and all international countries – they are responsible for all shipping charges both ways.
The warranty does not cover the following:
• Damages due to transportation.
• Damages due to storage.
• Damages due to improper use of the products and poor maintenance.
• Damages due to neglect, abuse or improper use (i.e. skiboards hitting against each other when riding causing chips or scratches; aggressive riding like jumps, riding rails, hitting obstacles or snapping skiboards due to improper weighting).
• Damages due to the products normal wear and tear (this includes skiboards hitting together and top sheets chipping or scratching).
• Damages due to non-observance of regular tuning and waxing.
• Damages due to modification of the products with the exception of bindings mounted by us.
• Damages due to any impact caused by sharp items, due to torsion, compression, a fall, an abnormal impact or other actions that cannot be under Summit’s reasonable control.
The present warranty is also not enforceable if :
1. The Product is not returned in its original packaging or similar, if it has been modified or repaired by any person or entity other than Summit Skiboards or an authorized Summit Skiboards retailer;
2. The Product has been repaired with unauthorized spare parts;
3. The Product serial number has been removed, deleted, altered or made illegible;
4. The Skiboards are being used with bindings we do not sell and damage results from use of those bindings.
To the extent permitted by national laws, the Warranty Period will not be extended, renewed or otherwise affected due to subsequent resale, repair or replacement of the Product.
However, part(s) repaired or replacement product(s) during the Warranty Period will be warranted for the reminder of the original Warranty Period provided replacement or repair has been performed by Summit Skiboards or an authorized Summit Skiboards retailer.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY NATIONAL LAWS, THE PRESENT WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES. SUMMIT SKIBOARDS SHALL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF CHANCE OR PROFITS, LOSS OF SAVINGS OR REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA, PUNITIVE DAMAGES, LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT OR ANY ASSOCIATED FACILITIES, COST OF CAPITAL, COST OF ANY SUBSTITUTE EQUIPMENT OR FACILITIES, DOWNTIME, THE CLAIMS OF ANY THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING CUSTOMERS, AND INJURY TO PROPERTY, RESULTING FROM THE PURCHASE OR USE OF THE PRODUCT OR ARISING FROM BREACH OF THE WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, EVEN IF SUMMIT SKIBOARDS KNEW OF THE LIKELIHOOD OF SUCH DAMAGES. SUMMIT SKIBOARDS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DELAY IN RENDERING SERVICE UNDER THE LIMITED WARRANTY, OR LOSS OF USE DURING THE PERIOD THAT THE PRODUCT IS BEING REPAIRED.